The Moveable Feast Food Blog

The Moveable Feast is a Personal Chef Service that serves the Hampton Roads area of Southern Virginia. This blog is an extension of my web site www.themoveablefeastpcs.com and will go into more details about food and any food service industries. Any pictures and or recipes that are published here are all the property of The Moveable Feast unless otherwise noted.

Monday, July 28, 2008

Mexican Pork

Mexican Pork
I have no idea why we made this dish or how it came about. I am thinking we were watching something with Mexican food involved and then we just had to have something Mexican. I think other than Italian food Mexican is my all time favorite cuisine. I am not this kind of a chef but I do love anything Mexican or even close to being Mexican cuisine. Other than going out to eat, making new things that I have found on the Internet has been a lot of fun.

I had a recipe in mind and DH found it on the Internet. This site had some good recipes and this one was a great one!

Pork Chimichurri Recipe (Mexican Pork)
1 pound pork tenderloin, cut into 3/4 inch cubes
4 TBS olive oil
2 TBS each crumbled oregano and chopped fresh parsley
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp each crushed red pepper flakes, ground black pepper and white pepper.

Directions:
Combine all ingredients together well in a plastic zip bag and refrigerate 4-24 hours. Prepare hot grill and remove pork from marinade. Toss remaining marinade. Skewer cubes and grill to cook evenly. Serve with sweet potato pieces and Plano peppers alongside rice and black beans.
Serves 4


We didn't exactly follow the directions the way it said. We did manage to marinate the pork for about 6 hours, but we have a nice grill skillet and we used that instead of the skewers. It worked very well and the pork was very tender.


I didn't have any sweet potatoes or poblano peppers but I did make black beans and rice and we ate the pork over that. It truly was yummy and not your typical taco or burrito sort of food. This is a keeper that I think we will eat again and again!

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At 3:29 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

Holy crap! You're back! One word: YYYYAAAAAY!!! (runs around the room, skipping and jumping for joy...)

ahem...(composing oneself)

okay, now to go read your posts I've been missing...

 
At 3:40 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

Your pork looks fabulous! I love Mexican food too and I keep hearing that it's hard to find good Mexican food on this island, so I'm thinking I'm going to have to learn to make it on my own. I'm totally jealous of all of your beautiful fresh blueberries and your beans! My last batch of home "dried" beans got all moldy in my jar :(

 
At 3:51 PM, Blogger vlb5757 said...

Girl just crack me up! I actually laughed out loud when I read your comment. I can't stop laughing! Yup we shall see how long I can last this time. I have been taking pictures that whole time but frankly, don't do much cooking anymore. I just lack motivation.

I like Rick Bayless but I can't always duplicate his food. We have gotten addicted to Baja Fish Tacos this summer. What I love is that I can disguise fish. I am not a huge fan of fish and I know I need to eat it. If it's not fried, I probably won't eat it. Although some good lox are really wonderful! Oh and maybe some really pink tuna. Okay, so maybe I will eat some fish but really love it best fried!

 
At 3:53 PM, Blogger vlb5757 said...

Sorry, about the beans. You just leave them on the plant until it dies and usually the beans have had enough time to dry. I think we are going to do more this year and next year double the bean plot. I am just facinated that I can have those bean later in the winter when I find a bean worthy recipe. Might have to be a chili or a soup.

 
At 12:19 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

Oh how I wish I could "put up" for the winter! No garden and exorbitant prices for everything make me only buy exactly what we need. Then again, I guess we don't really have "winter." Hmmm! (and I love fried fish best too - secretly, as a kid, I was addicted to Skippers)

 
At 6:38 AM, Blogger vlb5757 said...

Sophie, I sent you an e mail giving you permission to use the content.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home